Position: Project Manager
Location: Europe > UK > Scotland
Position Title: Project Manager
The Project Manager works within IT and manages a wide-ranging and extensive portfolio of IT projects and ensures a high standard of project delivery to the UK E & P Business. This is a senior role to manage and deliver complex IT solutions to deliver business value.
Accountabilities and End Results:
The Project Manager is accountable to the Business Managers, supervisors and other relevant stakeholders for the preparation, delivery and completion of IT Projects, in accordance with IT Processes and Procedures. The IT PM is responsible for managing their individual portfolio of projects to ensure effective and efficient delivery of IT Projects in relation to the business drivers, goals and strategies. Lastly the IT PM is responsible for their participation and consultation in the management of the overall IT project portfolio for all IT improvements.
Primary Functions & Dimensions:
· Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
· Identify project resources and assign responsibilities.
· Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s).
· Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
· Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
· Understand basic revenue models and P/L; meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; manage project accounting, costing and billing; schedule expenditures; analyse variances and initiate corrective actions.
· Work with IT Business Analysts to design UAT, if required
· Work with IT Business Analysts on Management of Change, if required
· Manage handover to operations support, as appropriate.
· Adhere to the Client’s IT project management methodology and portfolio management framework.
· Provides mentoring support to less experienced members of the team and provide delegation activities on behalf on the supervisor.
· Core Technical Experience
· Significant and recent IT Project Management and leadership experience
· Experience of managing large scale complex IT software/solution projects
· Previous experience of working in an IT related discipline
· Proven ability to manage IT Agile and Waterfall projects on a wide range of IT–specific implementations
· Project Management Certification
Qualifications & Experience
· IT degree, B.Sc. or M.Sc. or comparable education. Non-IT education may be compensated with documented relevant experience.
· Demonstrable competence in an IT project management methodology (e.g. PRINCE2, PMI, etc.).
· Circa 10 years’ experience
· Currently working at Senior Level of Project Management
· Strong communications and networking skills.
· Highly developed influencing and interpersonal skills.
· Highly motivated, self-reliant, problem solver.
· Enthusiastic with a questioning and challenging attitude.
· Analytical and planning competency.
· Ability to make rational decisions under pressure.
· Proven ability to build and maintain key relationships.
· Negotiation skills.
· Multi-tasking abilities.
· Organisational change management experience
This is a challenging role, managing a portfolio of IT projects within fiscal and time constraints. Working with IT disciplines to agree appropriate and timely project resources availability.
It is anticipated that this will be for a minimum period of 12 months initially. If you would like to be considered please forward your CV to [email protected] with an expectation of your day rate. Please also mention the job code GGPM230517 in the subject line.
Applicants must be able to legally live and work in the UK.