Position: Data Scientist
Location: Europe > UK > Scotland
Data Scientist - Business Insights
Our customer is looking for an outstanding data scientist to join a newly formed business team. This team is responsible for supplying analytical support related to user growth, & content, performing market and competitive analyses, identifying key market tends, and telling stories with data. You should be excited about discovering insights in large datasets, synthesizing and communicating results, and driving practical business effects. You will be given significant responsibility to be both innovative and disruptive in a truly dynamic environment and would be expected to support the business strategy of adopting new AI and machine learning technologies. This team will work cross-functionally with the key teams e,g. Finance, Corporate Strategy, Marketing, and Analytics.
- Collaborate and work closely with cross-functional business partners to identify gaps and structure problems
- Create relevant presentations and analyses that tell a “story” focused on insights, not just data
- Synthesize methodology and data into practical business strategy, and communicate findings to cross-functional teams
- Use statistical and econometric methodologies on large datasets to:
- quantify results and reveal significant trends
- identify casual impact and attribution
- analyze experiments
- model and predict future performance of users or products
- Author and interpret complex SQL queries for standard as well as ad hoc data analysis requirements
- You will be the go-to person for any data question
- 2+ years work experience involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems
- Degree in Applied Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
- Expert with statistical software (R/Stata/SAS/MatLab)
- Machine Learning techniques
- Expert in SQL and other programming languages
- Expert with Excel & PowerPoint/Keynote
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with Hadoop (Pig, Scalding)
To be considered for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only applicants able to live and work in the UK will be considered.