Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: North America > USA > Texas
Staff Position, Houston, TX
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source a Manufacturing Engineer for a leading global engineering and technology company in Houston, TX. This position will be responsible for manufacturing (SAP Data) engineering, development, and support within the plant for both new business growth as well as existing production. This responsibility includes conceptualizing and defining new and/or modified processes and equipment. It also involves process, tooling and equipment development (prototype and production), as well as testing and validation of both tooling and product when required.
- Mixing elastomer compounds with rubber mill and other internal mixers
- Perform all required testing with tensile tester, durometers, compression set fixtures, compression stress relaxation fixtures, densimeter, microscope, calipers and micrometers etc.
- Prepare and send test reports to customer(s)
- To prepare and maintain laboratory operation documents
- Maintain and complete accurate records of test results and supplier records
- Maintaining lab equipment while insuring a safe working environment
- Travel to various company Oil & Gas facilities, customers and suppliers may be required.
- Willingness to learn
- Basic knowledge of polymers and general analysis methods
- Basic mathematical skills (ability to compute rate, ratio, percentage, etc.) relevant to the technical application
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret procedures, instructions and lab results.
- Capable of multitasking (i.e. operating several instruments simultaneously)
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team
- Some flexibility in schedule due to testing protocols
- Strong desire to learn DSC, TGA, DMA, FTIR knowledge would be beneficial
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Intermediate-Advanced Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong preference may be given to candidates experienced in rubber compounding and developing.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs
You must already be authorized to live and work in the United States to apply for this role. Please e-mail your résumé to [email protected]. Or call (832)654-7935 for further details. Thank you for your consideration.