Position: Materials Manager
Location: North America > USA > Texas
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source a Materials Manager for a leading global engineering and technology company in Houston, TX. This position will be responsible to manage all aspects of materials flow, maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving and shipping to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time.
This position will manage a number of direct reports, and in a matrix structure support manufacturing with production planning, material planning and material supply. Supports acquisition of direct materials, MRO items, and tooling purchasing for the involved facilities.
- Manage the supply base for the involved facilities
- Work cross-functionally to improve supplier’s quality and on-time delivery
- Work cross-functionally with supporting departments to resolve supplier quality issues, identify new sources for materials and services, and to remove suppliers who fail to meet goals
- Determine and maintain safety stock levels and re-order points for all raw materials. components and finished goods to maintain on-time delivery levels
- Supervise work order release for production based on capacity and raw material availability to meet scheduled deliveries
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement projects to improve processes
- Identify and correct sources of inventory variance and facilitate physical inventories
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements as needed
- Maintain adherence to Company policies, safety / ergonomic standards, and good housekeeping practices
- Understand and implement the health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies and integrate HSE considerations into daily activities
- Assure compliance with applicable ISO and API Q1 requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- Eight years of job related experience, with at least three years in a Supervisor or Manager role
- In depth knowledge of Purchasing and Supply Chain Management concepts
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated Strong Leadership, Supervisor skills
- APICS Certification, e. g. CPIM
- Experience working with SAP by Design (or similar ERP systems)
You must already be authorized to live and work in the United States to apply for this role. Please e-mail your résumé to [email protected]. Or call (832)654-7935 for further details. Thank you for your consideration.