Position: Polymer Lab Tech
Location: North America > USA > Texas
Polymer Lab Tech
Staff Position, Houston, TX
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source a Polymer Lab Tech for a leading global engineering and technology company in Houston, TX. This position will be responsible for working the day-to-day operation of the Mixing Lab, Physical Lab HPHT and the Sour Gas Lab under the guidance of the Materials Development Manager.
This position will also be responsible for maintaining relevant documentation in the quality system and certifications, in order to assure accurate records are kept. Also insures product quality through supplier contact and supporting inspection, statistical process control, capability studies, and supplier performance management.
- Mixing elastomer compounds with rubber mill and other internal mixers
- Perform all required testing with tensile tester, durometers, compression set fixtures, compression stress relaxation fixtures, densimeter, microscope, calipers and micrometers etc.
- Prepare and send test reports to customer(s)
- To prepare and maintain laboratory operation documents
- Maintain and complete accurate records of test results and supplier records
- Maintaining lab equipment while insuring a safe working environment
- Travel to other Freudenberg Oil & Gas facilities, customers and suppliers may be required.
- Willingness to learn
- Basic knowledge of polymers and general analysis methods
- Basic mathematical skills (ability to compute rate, ratio, percentage, etc.) relevant to the technical application
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret procedures, instructions and lab results.
- Capable of multitasking (i.e. operating several instruments simultaneously)
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team
- Some flexibility in schedule due to testing protocols
- Strong desire to learn DSC, TGA, DMA, FTIR knowledge would be beneficial
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Intermediate-Advanced Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong preference may be given to candidates experienced in rubber compounding and developing.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs
You must already be authorized to live and work in the United States to apply for this role. Please e-mail your résumé to [email protected]. Or call (832)654-7935 for further details. Thank you for your consideration.