Position: Land GIS Data Specialist
Location: North America > USA > Texas
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source a Land GIS Data Specialist (LGDS) to work in a major operator environment. This is a key person who liaises with Land Administration and Land Operation teams to support the Land and other business
groups with current and accurate land GIS data, maps, charts and reports.
The LGDS plays an important role in ensuring lease GIS data is correctly synchronized to the geospatial system of record from the
Land Management system, and performing land parcel editing when needed.
The LGDS will also work with company and vendors to assist in the implementation of land management and mapping system enhancements,
upgrades and the creation of reports to support business needs.
- Lead delivery of geospatial data management and mapping solutions within Land Administration and Land Operation.
- Lead definition of standards and workflows for acquiring, storing, maintaining and utilizing land geospatial data.
- Responsible for translating business units’ geospatial data requirements into actionable project plans with well-defined success criteria, schedule, resources and milestones.
- Lead data management and Business units geospatial projects to successful delivery with adequate stakeholder communications and end-user trainings.
- Responsible for ensuring the lease data in the enterprise geospatial database is current and accurate.
- Assist Land Administration personnel in ensuring data accuracy of company’s land management system.
- Recommend to the data management, BU and IT leadership on adapting applications that can improve land geospatial data management and map generation efficiency.
- Liaise with IT, Data Management Group and BU to deploy land geospatial application upgrades and enhancements, and to ensure changes are successfully implemented.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geography, or related field
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Geographic Information System certification desirable
Experience and Critical Skills
- At least five years’ experience in supporting land administration and land operations.
- At least five years’ experience in ESRI ArcGIS, Quorum Land Management System, and LandWorks GIS
- Solid background in GIS mapping, analysis, and data management
- Knowledge of US land administration terminology and agreements
- Strong analytical skills and ability to proactively think ahead of issues and changes
- Knowledge and experience with relational databases.