Position: Data Scientist
Location: Europe > UK *** Select Below ***
We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Data Scientist to join our team working on an exciting new Big Data/Machine Learning solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist who has considerable experience in automation and productionisation of data science products; machine learning implementations, predictive models and real time pattern/trigger based actioning. Big Data technologies, such as Apache Spark, is a must, as is architecture knowledge in AWS environments. Awareness about the current / future state of Data Science technologies and machine learning techniques will be preferred.
Who you are:
- You know how to understand and solve loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights to guide product development decisions.
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business and product sense.
- You have 2+ years of experience as a data scientists, at a consultancy firm where you have worked with different clients.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and can present insight to engineering teams, design teams, as well as product teams.
- You have helped shape best practices in data science and worked with processes and frameworks.
- Creativity and ability to come up with ideas to tackle problems on the cutting edge.
- Strong academic record.
- Create analytical models based on the combination of current and future data sets. Assist in their deployment and design monitoring processes.
- Work with the team to understand user goals and requirements alongside global stakeholders and customers.
- Technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala), experience with analytics tools (Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, Hadoop, or Excel) and experience performing analysis with large datasets.
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modelling, a/b testing, significance testing etc).
- You have demonstrated experience with hands-on statistical modelling and possess knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modelling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques).
- An excellent communicator, open to receiving feedback and able to clearly explain the rationale behind design choices.
- Quick to understand customer workflows and business needs.
- Knowledge of managing, manipulating and transforming data from a variety of sources.
- Willingness to manage and mentor new members of the team if required.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, geoscientists, petrotechs, and engineers who are passionate about success.
- Very advanced quantitative skills in machine learning/statistics/mathematics or similar fields.
- Ability to translate advanced machine learning algorithms into code.
- Highly capable, self-motivated, collaborative and personable.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and drive.
- Naturally curious and effective problem solver.
- Ability to effectively work independently in a fast-moving environment.
Successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference. We will offer guidance, mentorship, and opportunities for turbo-charged professional development.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK. To be considered for this position please forward your CV to [email protected] with an expectation of your salary requirements.