Position: Seismic Data Analyst
Location: North America > USA > Texas
Seismic Data Analyst
Job Description (General Overview of the Role):
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source a Seismic Data Analyst for a major operating company. As Seismic Data Analyst, you will be responsible for facilitating the progress of and loading seismic data, from the time of planning and acquisition through interpretation, analysis, and archival to ensure optimum efficiency in the process. The SDA is responsible for ensuring that all processes and standards in place are followed.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning for seismic asset management by ensuring all parties are consulted at the initiation of project.
- Verify coordination of acquisition efforts with Procurement, Geophysical Operations, Data Room, and BU Interpreter.
- Ensure that 3rd party data providers know exactly what our needs are and continue to work with them to assure that those needs are met.
- Ensure all parts of data have arrived including contracts, navigation, and seismic
- Dump seismic tapes
- Load seismic data into GeoFrame / Petrel application
- Load gathers data to Omega
- Condition data using various applications
- Move seismic data from one application to another
- Ensure data quality is certified after loading and before it is delivered to the customer.
- Look for ways to improve existing processes
- Interface with various business units
- Safety Oriented Mindset
- Proficient in English (written & verbal)
- Team Oriented Personality & Positive Attitude
- Effective End User Communication (written & verbal)
- Analytical skills
- Customer Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Time Management
- Team Player
- Interface with the business/client
- Experience working independently
- Experience working with a global team
- Petrel/Studio – competent
- GeoFrame – competent
- Omega – competent – competent
- Troika – competent – Nice to have
- OpenCPS – competent – Nice to have
- UIPath Studio – competent – Nice to have
Other Desired Skills or Experience:
Knowledgeable using various software for loading 3D and 2D seismic and gathers data including GeoFrame, Petrel/Studio, and Omega/OpenCPS.
Knowledgeable using software to condition data including GeoFrame, Petrel, and Troika.
Knowledgeable in writing scripts
Knowledgeable using computers, basic understanding of databases
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to [email protected]
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the USA