Position: Geoscience Data Manager
Location: North America > USA > Texas
Geoscience Data Manager
GTS Geotech is looking for a geoscience data manager in Houston, TX. The geoscience data manager plays a key role in guaranteeing a reliable information and data management system in order to ensure an efficient and coherent management, integration and delivery of geoscience data to support exploration studies for the Americas. He/She will work closer and in an integrated manner with the different exploration business unit.
* Provides the necessary Geoscience data management analysis and support: data loading, QC, transfer, manipulating, archiving, restoring etc.
* Implements and follows company standards, best practices and workflows to ensure quality, confidentiality, security and integrity of data.
*Manages and maintains (reference) exploration databases.
* Manipulates and manages a variety of geospatial datasets, ensures its completeness and correctness and uses spatial database models to facilitate Geo-Information Management.
* Contributes to a logical and intuitive data organization.
* Participates in the technical review of the Geoscience Information Systems.
* Participates /gives input to improve Geosciences data management strategies
* Contributes to the availability and correct functioning of the IT infrastructure and software systems, provides high quality first level Geoscience application support to the user community.
* Tests and improves (by escalating bug reports) Geoscience application software, proposes improvements to the software portfolio. Profile
* BSc or MSc degree in a relevant EP technical discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Geosciences, Data Management, Geomatics
* 5-10 years experience as a data manager, significant knowledge of and experience in E&P geoscience applications (e.g. Petrel, Decision space, ...)
* Extensive knowledge of data management tools, geophysical, geological, petrophysical data types and their typical workflows
* Good knowledge of Geographical Information system: ESRI ArcGIS.
* Good knowledge of Information Systems, Information Technology and Data Management (applications, databases, Linux OS, programming tools)
* Good understanding of Geoscience Exploration studies and requirements