Position: GIS Geo Information Consultant
Location: North America > USA > Texas
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source a GIS Geoinformation contractor for an operator client in Houston Energy Corridor. (6-months contract term)
This position provides GIS support services including management of spatial data, services, web maps, mobile applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
streamlining the processing and management of imagery and vector data
**Please note, experience with Seismic Data and FME is absolutely essential for this opening. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement **
- For FME we use workbenches on FME server mainly for data loading and data blending
- Daily activity to include –
- ArcGIS Portal & Server Support: service publishing requests and issues, broken links, managing portal items
- Ad-hoc data loading and web map requests
- Mobile user assistance: setting up groups and publishing services
- Project: SSDM data flow optimization/automation from project to corporate store
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geoscience/GIS or related degree, Master's preferred
- ArcGIS Suite including Desktop, Pro, Server, SDE, Portal, mobile
- Data manipulation with SAFE FME
- Python, SQL (optional)
- affinity with survey data
- Team working, customer mindset
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend both orally and in writing, accurately, clearly and concisely in English at the high level required to perform the job as outlined.
- Must be knowledgeable of relevant industry practices
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
Please only apply if you are already authorised to live and work in the United States, and only if you meet the technical requirements of the role.