Position: Prospect Geologist
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source an experienced Prospect Geologist, for a permanent position within an operator client in Houston.
You will have a good understanding of clastic and carbonate depositional systems in tectonically active basins, and experience in structural geology from rift basins, active rift basins and salt tectonic basins.
You will be skillful in 2D and 3D seismic mapping (especially with low quality data) from prospect to regional scales, and have experience of prospect generation with a track record of prospect deliveries.
As the successful candidate:
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Work as a consultant to management, and act as a technical expert to assigned professionals as needed to satisfactorily perform work assignments.
- Develop ideas, create plans, and organize projects or specialized studies in area exploration, technical services, or in reservoir characterization to realize corporate objectives.
- Conduct applied research within your area of specialization to provide new means of solving geological problems. Prepare oral and written reports to present the results of studies for review by management.
- Analyze regional stratigraphic and structural framework to determine potential and risk of future prospective regional trends.
- Utilize interdisciplinary data, build integrated earth models to improve visualization, optimize drilling and help Reservoir Simulation and Reserves groups.
- Attend meetings and conferences related to your specific geological discipline to ensure that the most current methods and techniques are applied to provide solutions to problems encountered globally.
Please only apply if you are already authorised to live and work in the United States, and only if you meet the technical requirements of the role.