Position: Geologist - Regional Studies and Mapping
Location: North America > USA > Texas
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source an experienced geologist with expertise in regional studies and mapping, for a permanent position within an operator client in Houston.
The core function of this opening is to conduct regional studies and mapping.
As the successful candidate you would be expected to conduct regional exploration studies and evaluations of the petroleum system elements, and possess the experience to integrate geological and geophysical data to create regional maps.
You will be familiar with the understanding of play-specifics and have the capacity to carry out resource assessment, for both conventional and unconventional plays.
You should have the aptitude for, and tireless energy around data mining and analysis, with high level computer mapping skills.
As the successful candidate:
- you will have a bachelor’s degree in geology, geophysics, or a related field, with a preference given for Masters’ or Ph.D. degrees.
- You will have extensive experience in the oil and gas industry, and have expertise in mapping applications, basin analysis, regional geology, seismic interpretations, sequence stratigraphy, sedimentology, and/or structural geology.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Conduct regional exploration studies and evaluations of the petroleum system elements, and integrate available geological and geophysical data to create regional maps.
- Develop gross depositional environment maps, effectiveness maps, common risk segment maps of all petroleum system elements (source, reservoir seal), and composite common risk segment maps of different plays, to develop new play concepts and exploration opportunities.
- Review play concepts, and play fairway mapping to provide the most accurate analysis to develop the best quality plays.
- Analyze data mining with high level of computer mapping skills, using major Exploration software packages, preferably Petrel.
Please only apply if you are already authorised to live and work in the United States, and only if you meet the technical requirements of the role.