Position: Clastic or Carbonate Field Geologist
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source an experienced Clastic or Carbonate Field Geologist, for a permanent position within an operator client in Houston.
The core function of this opening is to conduct regional studies and mapping.
As the successful candidate you will have a specialized geological and sedimentological background gained working in a wide range of clastic or carbonate depositional environments.
You will have experience in both reservoir and source rock units (potential conventional and unconventional reservoirs), and be able to develop basin and reservoir exploration models, and 3-D static geological models using tectono- stratigraphy concepts from basin to field scales.
As the successful candidate:
- you will hold a Bachelor's degree in Geology. A Masters’ Degree or PHD is preferred.
- you will have a extensive experience in exploration development geology.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Assess reservoir quality of exploration wells via core descriptions and log analysis, and introduce explanations for the reservoir characteristics.
- Work within multi-disciplinary project teams, providing sedimentological advice/input.
- Integrate data using 2D/3D Seismic, Gravity, Magnetic, wireline logs, core, outcrop, and specialist geological techniques - SEM, XRD, chemostratigraphy, and isotope biostratigraphy
- Conduct detailed sedimentological investigations, draw conclusions and make recommendations to support asset evaluation.
- Manage stratigraphy surface geology field work in carbonate and / or clastic reservoir rocks.
- Knowledge of common mapping, modelling, interpretation environments essential, Schlumberger applications preferred.
Please only apply if you are already authorised to live and work in the United States, and only if you meet the technical requirements of the role.