Position: Geological Modeler
Job Description :
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source a Geological Modeler for a major operating company to join their world class team.
As an experienced Geological Modeler you will have the expertise to integrate all characterization data to construct 3D geological property models. Your experience will encompase subsurface mapping, utilization of various modeling applications, and packages (Petrel, GOCAD, Roxar, etc.).
You will have in-depth experience in geostatistical modeling techniques, reservoir simulation, and upscaling geological models.
Minimum Requirements :
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Geology (Masters/PhD preferred).
- Extensive industry experience preferably gained within a Super Major or Major operator environment, including strong hands-on experience creating 3D reservoir geological models.
- Previous experience in reservoir geology, drilling operations, field development, sedimentology/stratigraphy, or structural geology is advantageous.
***To apply for this position you must already be authorized to live and work in the USA.***
Duties & Responsibilities :
You will be required to perform the following:
- Construct 3D reservoir geocellular models; create subsurface maps; use modeling packages (Petrel, GOCAD, and Roxar); and integrate geologic, geophysical, petrophysical, and dynamic data into a geocellular model.
- Integrate diverse datasets into a model to be used for field development, well placement, reserve estimates, history matching, prediction forecasting, and risk assessments.
- Work across multidisciplinary teams, and be required to assess reservoir stimulation, and the upscaling techniques of geological models.
- Make critical decisions, and solve any problems with regards to Geological modeling, and update and maintain geological models with newly drilled and acquired data.