Position: Prospect Geo – Clastic & Carbonate Sequence and Seismic Stratigraphy
Job Description :
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source a Prospect Geologist for a major operating company to join their world class team.
As an experienced Prospect Geologist you will have a proven track record in in prospect generation, and successfully finding hydrocarbons in clastic environments. You will have experienced working on large wells and seismic datasets.
Minimum Requirements :
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Geology (Masters/PhD preferred), with emphasis on clastic stratigraphy and seismic stratigraphy.
- Extensive industry experience preferably gained within a Super Major or Major operator environment, exploring for hydrocarbons in clastic environments, ideally USA/Canada/North Sea basins
- Middle East experience would be highly desirable
- Previous experience in reservoir geology, drilling operations, field development, sedimentology/stratigraphy, or structural geology is advantageous.
***To apply for this position you must already be authorized to live and work in the USA.***
Duties & Responsibilities :
You will be required to perform the following:
- Develop strong leads, generate prospects, mature these prospects; and work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Manage advanced sequence and stratigraphic analysis using G&G applications. This will include visualization, integration of various G&G datasets, and chronostratigraphy.
- Conduct advanced seismic interpretation, sequence stratigraphic well correlation, and sedimentary facies prediction. Petrophysics analysis in clastic environments, and have an in-depth understanding of rock physics. Generate advanced seismic attribute analysis, and use this analysis on large wells and seismic datasets.
- Interface with multiple levels, including subordinates, peers, supervisors, and venture partners.