Position: GGRE Data Analyst/Technical Data Manager
Location: North America > USA > Texas
Job Description :
GTS Geotech is looking to recruit GGRE Data Analysts/Technical Data Managers for contract positions in Houston, Texas with a major operating company Client.
This “Back-office” opening features a strong element of stakeholder (customer) engagement, and therefore you shall require the “soft people skills” to elicit requirements, with the technical know-how to build ad-hoc solutions.
To be successful in the GGRE Data Analyst/Technical Data Manager role, ideally you should have gained a solid foundation in data management within an exploration and production environment. You should have solid experience in OpenWorks, with some Petrel, other applications highly beneficial, and an understanding of Windows/Linux shared drives, seismic data repositories etc. You will have hands-on speed and precision migrating data, labelling etc, syncing data through various G&G applications, with data management standards compliance, as defined by your organization.
Minimum Requirements :
- Experience of GGRE Applications – for example OpenWorks, Petrel, Recall etc.
- Understanding of Windows and Linux file systems
- Understanding of Sharepoint beneficial
- Strong understanding of data methodologies in an operator environment, including data migration and labelling standards, as well as common challenges faced by users, including permissions etc.
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to work with geoscientists/stakeholders to elicit key deliverables in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to manage priorities and work well under pressure.
- An earth science degree is preferred but not essential if candidate has significant data management experience
***To apply for this position you must already be authorized to live and work in the USA.***
GTS Geotech is the industry’s leading independent supplier of geotechnical support services to the oil and gas industry worldwide. GTS, an equal opportunity employer, offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits for qualified energy consultants.