Position: Seismic Petrophysicist
Job Description :
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source a Seismic Petrophysicist for a major operating company to join their world-class team.
As an experienced Seismic Petrophysicist you will have extensive experience in formation evaluation in conventional and unconventional reservoirs, single and multi-well petrophysics and core-log integration.
You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in borehole sonic processing, and be conversant with the latest sonic tools.
Minimum Requirements :
To be the successful Seismic Petrophysicist candidate, you will hold a Bachelors’ degree in Geophysics, Geology or a related field. Masters’ degree or PHD is preferred.
You will have a minimum of 10 years' experience with a major oil/gas company, including a minimum of 8 years hands-on experience in petrophysics.
Experience in GeoLog and Techlog will be advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities :
You will be required to perform the following:
- Work in multi-discipline teams, and use your skills to integrate logs and seismic data, seismic-well ties, saturation height geo-mechanic modeling, rock typing and formation test data.
- Analyze log predictions using different statistical techniques such as neural network, fuzzy logic, multi-linear regressions, and python scripting.
- Conduct formation evaluation in conventional and unconventional reservoirs, single and multi-well petrophysics and core-log integration.
- Perform a wide range of petrophysical techniques and log data types such as sonic, image logs, NMR and other latest logging technology.
- Manage projects with a large number of wells and deliver excellent results within tight deadlines.