Position: Structural Geologist
Job Description :
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source a Structural Geologist for a major operating company to join their world-class team.
As an experienced Structural Geologist you will work closely with the reservoir characterization team on structural geology, structural restoration, naturally fractured reservoir characterization, and geomechanics. The main focus will be on conventional reservoirs under IOR/EOR recovery processes.
You will be responsible for improving organizational capability in developing models of 3D discrete fracture networks, stress regime/pore pressure, and hydraulically fractured completions.
Minimum Requirements :
As the successful Structural Geology candidate, you will have a bachelor degree in geoscience, geology or a related science. A Masters or Ph.D. in geoscience is preferred.
You will have 10+ years of experience in Geoscience with a major international oil company or industry leading company.
Familiarity with Petrel 3D modeling software, or equivalent, and experience with Dynel (2D/3D) modeling software.
Duties & Responsibilities :
You will be required to perform the following:
- Describe structural features at a variety of scales from regional to micro-scale integrating a variety of data.
- Perform geomechanical interpretation and fracture analysis by incorporating core, core CT scans, borehole image logs, dipole sonic logs, 2D and 3D seismic, and regional outcrop analogs.
- Evaluate regional tectonic frameworks, stress/strain histories, and relate this to field/reservoir scale structural and diagenetic features.
- Conduct 2D and 3D seismic interpretation to build faulted structural models, and review strain history through palinspastic reconstructions and forward models.
- Build and QC structural cross sections, structure maps, fault surface maps, and curvature maps.
- Participate in in geologic modeling and reservoir simulation projects involving naturally fractured reservoirs.
- Assess staff technical competencies in tectonics, structural geology, naturally fractured reservoir characterization and geomechanics, and develop training programs.