Position: Well & Seismic Data Managers
The GTS Group celebrates 25 years in 2020 providing professional services to the Oil & Gas Industry. We are currently recruiting for Well & Seismic Data Management Resources to work at our client sites in the UK, Europe & U.S. We are therefore keen to hear from relevantly skilled personnel who already have the right to live and work in these locations. Due to current market conditions visa sponsorship will not be an option unfortunately.
MAIN ACTIVITIES BUT NOT LIMITED TO (Roles have varying degrees of data science/analytics requirements depending on client):
- Supporting the subsurface technical data teams, individual asset/exploration teams as necessary
- Coding skills in SQL and/or Python
- Working with one or more geoscience data types including well, seismic and/or reservoir.
- Manage on a daily basis Geosciences data including loading, organising, QC, editing, formatting, cleaning, repository transfer and managing access rights
- Apply and respect any local regulatory and compliance requirements
- Liaise with support teams in HQ office in order to ensure corporate reference data systems are populated with key geoscience data
- Perform searches and provide or produce inventories of the relevant Geosciences information and data / knowledge
- Provide data management application companionship to both geoscientists and internal team and coordinate on demand in hands-on training and workshop operations for users
- Conduct Geoscience data management projects or complex data management operations, including service improvements and implementing new digital ways of working.
- Capabilities in data management workflows for geoscience software including Petrel, OpenSpirit, Studio, OpenWorks, Recall, Techlog, Geolog, Sismage
- PowerBI, Python, Tableau etc etc a real bonus for all Data roles as we move forward into the “new age” of data management