Position: Marketing Automation Copy Writer Specialist
Location: Europe > UK > England London/Home Counties
Our client believes remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. They’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills to help them elevate that work as in-house email copywriter and reviewer. As a member of the Marketing Automation team, the copy writer will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including email, Landing Pages, and social media), working closely with the marketing managers and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging. Thorough research will be required to understand their target customers, industry, products/services, and branding. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
Objectives of this Role
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Interact with stakeholders to understand their copy needs, and follow up planning
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution
- Produce original copy and edit copy for a range of field briefs, and corporate marketing
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to our internal customers
- Revise copy based on feedback/direction
- Pilot new approaches to increase engagement rates, with constant A B testing.
- Comfortable with varying voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the campaign or target audience at hand
- Creative, Resourceful, Flexible, and self-motivated.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
- Exceptionally organised and have the ability to multitask
- Results orientated, striving to always improve engagements
- Receptive to feedback. Willingness to learn and meet deadlines.
- A good listener, with the ability to understand the needs associated with a project and the target audience
- Proactive and the willing to go the extra mile to ensure a great digital customer experience
- Tech-savvy, data-driven, digitally minded – understanding digital marketing is a bonus for the role
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline
- Must hold an excellent command over the English Language both verbal and oral.
- Strong communication, writing and research skills.
- Minimum 1-3 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- B2B experience. Prior experience in Marketing, Technology, will be beneficial.
- Copy marketing experience a plus
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, etc.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
- Ability to understand the needs associated with a project and the target audience
- Ability to work in a global environment with stakeholders in all Geographies.