Position: O&G IT/Application Support professional
Location: North America > USA > Texas
Contract position Estimated duration: 6 months with renewal
Start date: Nov-Jan
Our Data Scout division has a requirement for an O&G IT/Application Support Professional in Houston, Texas. This is an office based position with some scope for remote work.
As the successful O&G IT/Application Support candidate, you will be tasked with:
Providing day to day application portfolio management support for Upstream geoscience applications. Duties include:
- General portfolio management
- License management – Petrel dongle management, stewarding upgrade activities, etc.
- Stewarding, but not approving, software maintenance and invoice information.
- Disaster Recovery and Disaster Recovery test planning
- Upgrade monitoring – application group management, application packaging follow-ups, etc.
- Some Digital Business Management information updates and maintenance
- Security & Controls stewardship – Risk Assessment assistance, Vulnerability Assessment Test assistance, etc.
- SCA for SharePoint sites
Extra notes; not end-user facing role; more technical ; don't have to code but might have test new code, perform "lifecycle mgmt" activities like registering users, security and controls, documentation, annual access reviews, managing permissions, etc. will work with other teams; needs to understand work process E2E.
- Bachelror’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering or related field from a recognized university
- Minimum 3-10 years of experience in related fields i.e., Applications Support
- Excellent communication skills
- Good in coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn / understand new technologies / applications
- Prior work experience in the oil and gas industry is an advantage