Position: Fullstack Software Developer
Location: North America > USA > Other
Fullstack software developer/Quant Developer
Data Scout has been engaged to resource for a range of Fullstack Software/Quant developers for a client in New York.
As Fullstack software/Quant developer you will work closely with investment, quantitative research, and technology teams to build sophisticated software solutions using statistical techniques and technologies to help manage risk, generate predictive analytics, and build core infrastructure. The ideal candidate will contribute to multiple projects simultaneously across all parts of the business as well as help to establish technical standards.
This a Great Opportunity to join an $8.4 billion asset management firm specializing in structured products across both public and private markets. The Firm offers a diverse platform of alternative, long-only and opportunistic strategies
as well as CLO management. Headquartered in New York, founded in 2010 The Quantitative Research team is responsible to deliver scalable products that integrate portfolio management, relative value, trade capture, model development, and risk management into a common platform that is used by all members of the firm.
- Manage design and development of the company's UI (Galileo) and microservice efforts from interface definitions to writing front-end and backend code
- Collaborate with CRO to prioritize and evolve the product roadmap
- Develop software in a well-written, easily understandable and maintainable way
- Mentor junior team members on related projects pertaining to Galileo
- Provide consistent improvements to the codebase via modernization of components and selection of state-of-the-art technologies
- Continuously survey the technical landscape and recommend updates or new ways of
improving the platform/tech stack
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent 1+ years for junior role / 5+ for senior level
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals--algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms
- Strong understanding and proven track record developing web-based applications.
- Strong, proven programming skills in Python
- Strong skills working with relational databases (SQL, etc)
- Experience using material UI, Ag-grid a plus
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Talent for communicating and working effectively with various business departments.
- Translate business requirements into executable plans
- Ability to work in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment
- Manage the development and coordinate projects via Agile development methodology