Position: Data Specialist
Location: North America > USA > Texas
Data Scout has been engaged to find skilled data specialists for a permanent hire opportunity within an operator client in the downtown Houston area.
Within this role, you will be required to provide support and assistance in gathering, organizing and analyzing data that enables Geoscientists within the Exploration team to work more effectively and spend more time on the function of exploration.
Assist with the preparation of business presentations and reporting activities that help Asset teams to make informed business decisions.
You will collaborate to provide technical guidance and ensure team activities are in line with established procedures and best practices.
- Collect, load data from various sources and create a datastore for every project
- Convert, transform, spatialize data from several types and sources
- Import and export data (GIS, well, seismic and log data..) from multiple sources and multiple formats.
- Organize and structure projects folders (structure, standardization, cataloging...)
- Maintain and update corporate data base and organize technical documents
- Manage subsurface and GIS data using ArcGIS/Petrel
- Transfer data between Petrel/ArcGIS etc.
- Create maps (log maps, pies on maps ....) and GIS analysis, create and maintain a Web GIS
- Provide and synthesize geological reports, charts (Well Charts with shows, reservoirs etc...) and figures
- Search and extract data from technical reports (stratigraphy, reservoir intervals, Source Rock intervals, shows ...)
- Automate routine tasks using python scripts or data processing workflows
- Create and maintain data analysis and visualization dashboards using Power BI and MS Excel
- Interact with different data sources using SQL queries, in house and market search tools...
- Develop and/or prepare presentation materials (graphics, charts, illustration, tables, figures.....
- Update and maintains SharePoint website
- Bachelor's degree in in Geology/Geoscience/Earth Sciences or technical related major required
- Min 2/3+ years’ experience as Geotech, Geosceince Analyst, GIS tech
- Proficient in MS Office tools (power point presentations, Power BI & Excell analytics ...)
- Proficient in ArcGIS Pro and WebGIS
- knowledge of geodetics and coordinate reference systems
- knowledge of GIS data and maps
- Familiar with geosciences data (seismic, wells, logs, production and reservoir) and technical reports
- Strong collaborator and active listener
- Growth mindset with a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and workflows
- Able to work within diverse teams supporting Geoscience and Engineering
- Technical problem-solving skills
- Great interest in innovation and new technologies