Position: Scheduling Engineer
Location: North America > USA > Other
Data Scout has been engaged to find a highly competent Scheduling Engineer for a permanent hire expat opportunity within a major operator client in the Middle East.
To be successful in this Scheduling Engineer position, you will need extensive experience in the construction sector, particularly focused on complex large scale civil/infrastructure type projects. You will interface with the Project Management team to ensure delivery of complex projects by applicable sub-contractors, with an intense focus on time-scales, health, safety, environmental protection, integrity/compliance.
Your primary function will be the scheduling of complex projects. For this task we seek a self-starter able to work independently or collaborating with various teams. Indeed, you will be involved in all phases of the construction lifecycle, involving engineering design, procurement and construction. Typically you may be required to track and provide scheduling services on several simultaneous projects of varying sizes (small through multi-billion dollar mega projects).
- Complete resource loaded schedules in order to ensure standards of productivity are utilized in the schedule
- Collect all timing data in order to plan and schedule the full scope of WORK
- Work with Design Consultants and Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contractors in developing baseline critical path schedules and progress measurement systems.
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure that contractors can use to develop their baseline schedules and progress measurement systems that enables subsequent reporting in the Saudi Aramco systems
- Understanding and following schedule management best practices
- preparing all presentation materials to convey the plans and schedules to the project team and stakeholders is a necessity
- Assisting the project team with evaluation of reported progress and status of critical activities with particular attention to deviations from planned activities
- Participate in project team meetings including financial forecasting session to ensure schedule and cost alignment
- Assist cost engineers with timing information in order for cost forecasting accuracy
- Understand cost weightings as it applies to progress systems for reporting weighted progress reports
- Highly skilled to interface with the various stakeholders on the project team and other key stakeholders to receive the information required for accurate and timely critical-path management of the project schedules.
- Updating, revising and detailing schedules as projects progress through development and execution stages including updating the schedules based on earned-value data from the Field Construction Analysts and other sources of construction tracking and reporting information
- It is preferred that you have advanced skills in problem solving such as “What-If” scenario planning to assist in schedule slippage towards recovery
- Developing and recording the project's historical schedule information and lessons learned
- As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Engineering from a recognized and approved program.
- You will have a minimum of 12 years’ experience with at least 10 years’ Experience specifically performing the development of baseline critical path schedules (Using ORACLE Primavera software version 15.2 or later) and progress measurement systems in order to plan, update, track, analyze and report WORK performance for all phases of the project.
Please email your Resume to [email protected]