Position: Field Safety Advisor
Location: North America > USA > Other
Field Safety Advisor
Data Scout has been engaged to find a highly competent Field Safety Advisor for a permanent hire expat opportunity within a major operator client in the Middle East.
To be successful in this Field Safety Advisor position, you will need extensive experience in the construction sector, particularly focused on complex large scale civil/infrastructure type projects (not drilling safety). Targeting Zero Lost Time Incidents, you will interface with the Project Management team to promote a culture which ensures timely delivery of complex projects by all contractors/subcontractors safely, and with focus on quality, environmental protection, integrity/compliance.
For this task we seek a self-starter able to work independently and collaborating with various teams. Indeed, you will be involved in all phases of the construction lifecycle, involving engineering design, procurement and construction. Typically you may be required to track and provide Safety advice on several simultaneous projects of varying sizes (small through multi-billion dollar mega projects).
- Assess and report contractor compliance with contract Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements.
- Conduct preconstruction job explanation and kick-off meetings to explain construction execution safety requirements per contract scope.
- Track and analyze Key Performance Indicators for performance improvement opportunities.
- Develop and conduct safety training.
- Provide advice and consultation to department staff to assist them in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with environmental/safety regulations, standards and practices.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Undertake surveys to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions.
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Provide advice and counsel concerning compliance with corporate safety regulation and procedures.
- Perform construction site and/or area safety inspections of department facilities and operations.
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections, including hazard analyses and safe work procedures, and prepare written reports and recommendations.
- Develop controls for identified hazards.
- Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analyses.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place incidents and injuries.
- Prepare safety orientations, safety training and job site inspection procedures. Direct or assist in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conduct specialized safety and environmental training programs to communicate hazard control information.
- Assist local management in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation.
- Participate in Safe Operations Committee meetings.
- Review and analyze injury, property damage, and statistical loss data and work with management to prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
- Incorporate essential safety requirements in all purchasing and contracting actions.
- Recommend the purchase of safety equipment, related supplies, and personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with established company requirements.
- Maintain awareness of corporate safety and environmental requirements and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Assist management with monitoring adherence to department safety and environmental programs by employees and contractors.
- As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelors degree in BS degree in engineering, safety engineering, industrial hygiene, or environmental science, or in a related field from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred.
- You will have twelve (12) years experience related to heavy construction safety, preferably in on/offshore oil/gas construction industry, petrochemical construction industry, or in construction project management.
- You must have demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands on health, safety and environmental training. Must also have ability to assist with developing, implementing, and coordinating comprehensive health and safety programs.
- You will have good communication skills, both verbal and written (training/presentations/report writing). Participate in teams and/or committees. Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Skilled in the standards, concepts, practices, and procedures within the health, safety and environmental fields.
- Ability to work at all levels within an organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group is necessary.
Please email your Resume to [email protected]