Position: Contracts Advisor
Location: North America > USA > Other
Data Scout has been engaged to find a highly competent Contracts Advisor for a permanent hire expat opportunity within a major operator client in the Middle East.
To be successful in this Contracts Advisor position, you will need extensive experience in the construction sector, particularly focused on complex large scale civil/infrastructure type projects. You will interface with the Project Management to ensure delivery of complex projects by applicable sub-contractors, with an intense focus on time-scales, health, safety, environmental protection, integrity/compliance.
Your primary function will be contract development and administration, as well as objectively considering/resolving contractual issues/change orders/variations/penalties etc from preliminary planning to sign-off. For this task we seek a self-starter able to work independently or collaborating with various teams. Indeed, you will be involved in all phases of the construction lifecycle, involving engineering design, procurement and construction. Typically you may be required to track and provide contract advisement on several simultaneous projects of varying sizes (small through multi-billion dollar mega projects).
- Develop/ review different types of contracts/agreements for the projects.
- Administer the contracts and ensure all terms and conditions are implemented by all projects.
- Develop review contracting strategy & plan for different types of projects.
- Conduct market analysis to determine the best type of contract for the project and provide alternatives.
- Implement Company Procurement Manual for all contracts and consciously monitor implementation.
- Develop/review change order packages and ensure compliance to related guidelines and procedures.
- Develop/review negotiation strategies for change orders.
- Participate in negotiation meetings for all change orders.
- Ensure implementation of the supplier performance evaluation by project teams.
- Conduct/participate in counselling sessions with low performing contractors and log the required actions.
- Provide contracting consultations to project teams to resolve any issues/ disputes.
- Provide feedback to project teams regarding contract terms and conditions to avoid occurrence of disputes or breach to the contract. Develop/review contract amendments.
- Perform contract closeout actions upon project completion.
- Prepare/review contracting reports to management.
- Prepare/review different types of agreements/MOUs with external parties and potential JVs.
- Uphold work ethics and maintain high standards of professional behavior and conduct.
- EDUCATION: B.S. in LAW/contracts management and a higher degree is preferred.
- OVERALL EXPERIENCE: Fifteen (15) years of specialized contracting experience in design, consultancy, Joint Ventures, and construction contracts/agreements related to refining and the petrochemical industries, such that the incumbent is clearly recognized as an expert in this field.
- LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) and no second language is required.
- OTHER: Must have expert understanding of contract administration principle and best practices.
- OTHER: Dynamic attitude towards process improvements
- OTHER: Flexible to work in multinational teams and mobilize to different locations including remote areas as needed
Please email your Resume to [email protected]