Position: Field Compliance Coordinator
Location: North America > USA > Other
Field Compliance Coordinator
Data Scout has been engaged to find a highly competent Field Compliance Coordinator for a permanent hire expat opportunity within a major operator client in the Middle East.
To be successful in this Field Compliance Coordinator position, you will be required to assist with planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of safety and environmental measures and initiatives to ensure compliance with corporate and local department HSE requirements and expectations.
- Provides advice and consultation to department staff to assist them in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with environmental/safety regulations, standards and practices.
- Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Undertakes surveys to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions. Conducts and coordinates on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Provides advice and counsel concerning compliance with corporate safety regulation and procedures.
- Performs construction site and/or area safety inspections of department facilities and operations. Performs job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analyses and safe work procedures, and prepares written reports and recommendations.
- Develops controls for identified hazards. Coordinates the implementation of controls from results of hazard analyses. Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommends changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place incidents and injuries.
- Prepares safety orientations, safety training, and job site inspection procedures. Directs or assists in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conducts specialized safety and environmental training programs to communicate hazard control information. Assists local management in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation.
- Participates in Safe Operations Committee meetings.
- Reviews and analyzes injury, property damage, and statistical loss data and works with management to prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
- Incorporates essential safety requirements in all purchasing and contracting actions. Recommends the purchase of safety equipment, related supplies, and personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with established company requirements.
- Maintains awareness of corporate safety requirements and makes recommendations for their implementation.
- Assists management with monitoring adherence to department safety program by employees and contractors.
- Performs other related duties per supervisor's direction.
- BS degree in engineering, safety engineering, industrial hygiene, or environmental science, or in a related field is preferred.
- Must have eight (8) years of related safety/operational experience and/or training, preferably in the oil/gas or petrochemical industry, or in the industry related to the position placement, e.g., marine, pipelines, power distribution.
- Must have knowledge or training in the following: occupational health, safety and environmental compliance with applicable industry, governmental and/or international standards.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands on health, safety and environmental training. Must also have ability to assist with developing, implementing, and coordinating comprehensive health and safety programs.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (training/presentations/report writing). Ability to lead and direct teams and/or committees. Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Skilled in the standards, concepts, practices, and procedures within the health, safety and environmental fields. Ability to work at all levels within an organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
Please forward your resume to [email protected]