Position: Data Manager
Location: North America > USA > Texas
Target start date: May 15, 2023
Duration: 12 months, with possibility to extend
Data Scout has been engaged to find a highly competent Data Manager for a contract opportunity within a major operator client in the Houston area.
To be successful in the Data Manager role, you will have:
- A degree in subsurface disciplines (e.g., Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering) and/or Applied Computing or Information Technology related field.
- 3-5 years proven experience of having worked in the subsurface business and acquired domain knowledge in any or more of the following areas: Exploration, Development, Wells, WRFM (Well, Reservoir & Facilities Management) and Technical Data & Information Management
- Excellent understanding of E&P data types and be familiar with subsurface technical data management principles and practices through the data lifecycle
- Experience using Landmark applications such as Openwork, Recall, PowerExplorer and Schlumberger application such as Petrel, Techlog.
- Knowledge of data security and entitlements & obligations.
- Strong analytical ability combined with pragmatic approach for problem solving, with exposure to LEAN practice, CI (Continuous Improvement), and DQ (Data Quality) to improve data delivery efficiency & value.
- Strong stakeholder engagement/management in a global/local/remote team collaboration environment.
- Customer focus with well-developed communication skill, both orally and in writing, and demonstrable influencing skills.
- Exposure to project management and change management.
- Experience with scripting (e.g. Linux, SQL), coding (e.g. Python) and data visualization tools (e.g. Spotfire, PowerBI) is advantageous.
If you are interested in this vacancy and feel you can meet or exceed the sucess criteria above, please forward your Resume to [email protected]