Position: Geospatial Analyst
Location: Europe > UK > Scotland > Aberdeen
GeoSPATIAL ANALYST - 3 month contract (may extend)
Providing Geographic Information System (GIS) support to their development, engineering, construction and offshore survey activities, tasks will include:
- Production of controlled maps for internal and external issue, this will include survey layouts, anchor patterns, engineering design and as built\as laid drawings.
- Geospatial Analysis using ArcGIS in support of business decision making.
- Environmental permit mapping for regulator submission.
- Assisting in the preparation of datasets for OGA Section 34 Infrastructure and Pipeline Submission (Call for Data).
- Receive, review and storage of third party provided GIS data.
- Creation of metadata and maintenance of layer files.
- Publication of maps to corporate knowledge management systems.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they have the following capabilities:
- Ability to work to deadlines in the provision of mapping services.
- Professional experience of using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop software.
- Attention to detail in the production of maps and drawings.
Essential Skills \ Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and qualifications:
- 10+ years plus work experience providing cartography services for multi-national integrated oil & gas companies operating the UKCS.
- GIS track record, including proficiency with standard GIS applications and data layers
- Knowledge of UK marine datasets
- Knowledge of UK Environmental datasets
- Knowledge of the importance of Coordinate Reference Systems
- Good knowledge of common data issues relevant to Oil & Gas Geo-Information Management
- Digital cartographic and map production skills and use of Spatial Analyst extension
- Relevant experience with AutoCAD would be an advantage
Terms of Employment
- Initially a 3-month contract based in Aberdeen with possible extension but no guarantee of this. Therefore, likely that the successful applicant will be based in Aberdeen/Shire
- Candidates must possess the right to live and work in the UK with immediate effect (you will not receive a response if you don’t comply with this)