Position: Seismic Data Acquisition Geophysicist
Job Description :
GTS Geotech has been engaged to source a leading Seismic Data Acquisition Geophysicist for a major operating company to join their world class imaging team.
As an experienced Seismic Data Acquisition Geophysicist, you will have extensive experience in 2D/3D seismic data evaluation, and land/marine survey designs. You will have field experience QCing seismic data, with significant exposure to working on large scale projects, with multiple clients/service providers.
You will be highly proficient in evaluating and implementing advanced technologies such as high productivity methods, point sources and point receivers, and shallow marine acquisition.
Minimum Requirements :
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Geophysics, or similar discipline (Masters/PhD preferred)
- Extensive industry experience preferably gained within a Super Major or Major operator environment, in seismic/non-seismic land and marine data acquisition
- Experience of different regions preferred, Middle East highly desirable
***To apply for this position you must already be authorized to live and work in the USA.***
Duties & Responsibilities :
You will be required to perform the following:
- Work within a multidisciplinary team, evaluate 2D/3D seismic data, and review survey designs for both land and marine.
- Implement new methods and technologies that provide solutions to geophysical challenges.
- Take responsibility for making effective decisions in land, and marine seismic data acquisition.
- Liaise directly with interpreters/clients, presenting work and making recommendations to improve seismic data acquisition processes.
- Function in a leadership-based role, mentoring and training less experienced colleagues, and providing structured training as required.